Issue 45 of Bard was published in 2006, with a cover photograph by Matei Monica.
- Even Its Star Old Wood by Steve Sneyd
- untitled haiku (x2) by Matei Monica
- untitled haiku by A. Lee Firth
- A Shorter History Of Time by John Light
- Strangers And Lovers by Lilian Anderson
- Hazy Fantasy by Sharon Elton
- This House by Esther Chilton
- The Argument by DJ Tyrer
- With Nightmare Clarity by Jude Dillon
- Too Proud by Simon P. Jones
- Epitaph by Brendan McMahon
- Beautiful Thief by Joe Miller
- The Beautiful Thief's Reply by Sarah bach
- Captive Audience Request by Joe Miller
- The last three poems are a back-and-forth sequence, with the first and third of them being addressed to the protagonist of the second, and vice versa.
- The word bach (pronounced as in Johann Sebastian and his famous family of German composers) is not a surname, but the Welsh word meaning 'small, little'. Used after or in place of a person's name, it is a term of endearment roughly equivalent to calling someone 'dear' or 'pet', or more literally 'little one'.
|≤ Previous issue||Bard 45||Next issue ≥|