- The 40th issue was not as vigorously celebrated as the 30th or 50th.
- 2006 was the last year to feature four volumes a year, shifting to two a year from 2007.
List of contentsEdit
- Editorial by DJ Tyrer
- They Plough The Green Seas, part 4 by Angela Morkos
- Haiku by DJ Tyrer
- Red Empire by Nick Armbrister
- Epiphany on the Edge by Nick Armbrister
- White Petals by Peter Loftus
- Photograph by Bill West
- Artwork by Alan Hunter
- Finland Station, Soviet Style by Nick Armbrister
- Artwork by Chris James
- Out of the Dark by Pamela Harvey
- Deadly Night Shade by Mark Cantrell
- Descent (with illustration) by Joe Miller
- Artwork by John Jones
- The Seventh Eclogue by Miklos Radnoti (translated by Thomas Land)
- The Deepest Journey by Joe Miller
- Final Flight by Nick Armbrister
- Conker On A String by Edwin Page
- The Shoplifter by Angela Morkos
- Although DJ Tyrer did supply a haiku to this issue, continuity in authors was still being largely maintained only by the presence of Angela Morkos.
- This was the last issue to feature a serial due to the shift to only two issues a year after this until the loose arc of The Mirror Quartet and the return of serials with The Legend of Hengist and Horsa, nine years later.
|≤ Previous issue||Monomyth 40||Next issue ≥|